• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sinister Corvids (2 Viewers)

Today whilst driving on the M40 near Bicester I noticed a Kestrel flying erratically over the carriageway eastward with a Carrion Crow in hot pursuit. I watched them for as long as I could but at the last second it looked at as if the Crow tried to grab onto the Kestrel by the legs using its beak. The little falcon just about evaded it and they both disappeared over the hedges.

I’ve never seen anything like this before; I mean I see Crows chasing kestrels all the time, there’s a pair on the M25 just after Junction 27 that you can see playing what looks like tag very often but this looked as if the Crow was actively hunting it. Has anyone ever seen behaviour like this before, crows killing/eating/hunting BOPs?

I remember two years ago, a friend of mine was documenting to me how he witnessed a crow absolutely destroying a sparrowhawk (obviously a male) but what I saw today really took me.

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back