• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Skyrover binocular (1 Viewer)

A 7x50 model like that would generally be a best fit for night sky viewing and as a marine binocular though this review of the 10x50 version indicated that wasn't performing at 50mm :
It was marketed here in UK as the Ostara Elinor with specs of 8x45, 7, 10 and 12x50mm with a retail price of £150-200. Now discontinued, new old stock models occasionally appear at around £100.

1. star gazing, bird-watching?
2. how much is it worth?
1. has been answered. Stargazing and Marine use but of course one could use if for birding. But 8x42 might be preferrable for that. Or 10x42.
2. not that much. It looks a bit like a Nikon Action EX knock-off. In used condition around 30-50€/US$ I'd say. A new Nikon Aculon 7x50 would be 120€ -- at least on German Amazon. But a new Bresser "Nighthunter" 7x50 is only 50€ -- so my guess of 30-50€ might already be too high.

If I click on the link I get a prompt to sign in. You will have make it "public", or better yet post the details in your post.

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back