• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Son Bou, Menorca – October 2023 (1 Viewer)

I am a bit confused, it doesn't take much. We were walking the footpath from Son Bou to Santa Tomas and in the space of 15 minutes a number of raptors appeared. I think they may be all booted eagles, with maybe a harrier getting moved along but in the last photo the bird is very dark (poor photo). Any help with IDs would be much appreciated, thank you.

Attachments

• DSCN0233bf.jpg
    DSCN0233bf.jpg
    178 KB · Views: 12
  • DSCN0236bf.jpg
    DSCN0236bf.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 10
  • DSCN0249bf.jpg
    DSCN0249bf.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 12
  • DSCN0271bf.jpg
    DSCN0271bf.jpg
    194.9 KB · Views: 12
  • DSCN0288bf.jpg
    DSCN0288bf.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 13
  • DSCN0306bf.jpg
    DSCN0306bf.jpg
    173.9 KB · Views: 12
I am a bit confused, it doesn't take much. We were walking the footpath from Son Bou to Santa Tomas and in the space of 15 minutes a number of raptors appeared. I think they may be all booted eagles, with maybe a harrier getting moved along but in the last photo the bird is very dark (poor photo). Any help with IDs would be much appreciated, thank you.
Last one is a Booted Eagle, dark morph. All the others are also Booted Eagles

Users who are viewing this thread

Back