• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Spots near Glasgow for some spring birding (ideally Golden Eagle) (1 Viewer)

Antpitta'd

United Kingdom
Hi all, I've got a spare day in a few weeks in Glasgow and would love to drive out for some birding before heading south. I've repeatedly dipped Golden Eagle so would love to catch one, if anyone knows any spots near(ish) to Glasgow?

Diver / Dotterel / any other specialties would also be great - but any good general spots would be very much appreciated, thanks in advance!

At this time of year,It may be unwise to give Information about areas,where they are breeding.Not directed only at you Antpitta'd but advice In general,as possibly a few with ulterior motives use sites like this,as Information,which are not good for the welfare of the birds.

At this time of year,It may be unwise to give Information about areas,where they are breeding.Not directed only at you Antpitta'd but advice In general,as possibly a few with ulterior motives use sites like this,as Information,which are not good for the welfare of the birds.
Hadn't considered that at all, completely fair Ian. Ignoring the eagles, do you have recommendations for general spots in that case?

Hadn't considered that at all, completely fair Ian. Ignoring the eagles, do you have recommendations for general spots in that case?
Sorry but I don't but I'm sure a few on here will be more than willing to help with birding In the Glasgow area,In general.I live 140 miles north east of Glasgow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back