• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Suggestions for places to go for a newb? (1 Viewer)

bdaabat

United States
Howdy all! I'm a newb birder who lives in MD (Ellicott City) and am looking for suggestions for places to check out.

We've been to the Howard County Conservancy, Blackwater NWR, and know about (but haven't spent time birding) Connawingo Dam.

Suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Bruce

Howdy all! I'm a newb birder who lives in MD (Ellicott City) and am looking for suggestions for places to check out.

We've been to the Howard County Conservancy, Blackwater NWR, and know about (but haven't spent time birding) Connawingo Dam.

Suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Bruce
I'm a little further south in VA, but if starting out, recommend finding local bird club. Group trips may or may not be your 'thing' but it's a nice way to learn and get insights into hotspots, interesting sightings, etc.

I go to ebird to review recent sightings in my area. Their "hot spots" are misleading as it does not distinguish birds not spotted for many years which is why I use recent recorded sightings instead.

Thanks Elk! Excellent suggestion!

BTW: While on a quick walk around my neighborhood this AM, saw a bald eagle soaring. I hadn't realized they were in my hood!

Bruce

Users who are viewing this thread

Back