• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Suitable stereo microphone (1 Viewer)

As a birdsong/music enthusiast I'm looking for a good microphone which can be used in the field without additional gear. It should be stereo because I want to record, for example, a birds' dawn chorus, including frogs etc. (and enjoy the concert later). On the other hand it should be sufficient directional to record the song of an individual bird, say a nightingale thrush in some distance. Can anyone recommend me something which meets my expectations? That would be great. I want to use it for an EDIROL R-09 HR recorder (which I wish to buy).
I tried to get advice from www.wildlife-sound.org, but they only recommend mono mics (Sennheiser etc.). Using two microphones for me is too awkward and too costly.

Cyphorhinus

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back