• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Surfbirder email account (1 Viewer)

crabplover

Hi, does anyone have a surfbirder email account? If so, is it working ok?

I’ve had an account for years but I appear to be locked out at password entry.

I understand they are in a transfer stage moving across to a new host but everything was supposed to work the same.
It’s originally run by everyone.net

Any help or advise appreciated

Andy.

I had the same problem with my surfbirder email address a couple of days ago - it was fine mid-morning but wouldn't let me log on early evening. But soon after I sent an email to everyone.net it was working fine again. I don't know if they rectified it or whether it just sorted itself out.

Another problem I had recently was that I discovered that all surfbirder.com email addresses are on some sort of blacklist that was stopping me getting the weekly Birdguides newsletter. At first Birdguides had no idea why I (just me) was not getting the newsletter but their IT team eventually came up with the answer and I had to contact the organisation that was doing the blocking - I forget who - asking for my email address to be removed from the list.

And another thing - surfbirder email addresses are not secure - very odd when they cost £27 a year but free alternatives such as hotmail and gmail are secure.

Otherwise I am happy with it. Not many other people seem to use it though.

Another problem for me.........
I am not receiving any emails at all. Been like this since Friday night. Everything else working.
Waiting to hear back from everyone.net.
Any advice?

Another problem for me.........
I am not receiving any emails at all. Been like this since Friday night. Everything else working.
Waiting to hear back from everyone.net.
Any advice?
I’ve got incoming emails but it’s like a very basic and sterile format.
My problem is I’ve lost all my previous emails, sent emails, drafts etc
Tried emailing any address /link I can find for everyone.net and not heard a peep.

My subscription ends on the 20th this month, and if I can’t get a response from them, sadly my surfbirder email address will expire too

My problems have got worse - I now can't log in at all.
Having emailed everyone.net several times and just getting the same acknowledgement reply each time I tried contacting the new host, Hostopia, and got a proper response. It seems they have been migrating all the everyone.net hosted accounts across to a new server and many accounts have been corrupted. One of the Hostopia technicians will hopefully ring me tomorrow and sort it out for me.
I only know one other person still using a surfbirder account and they are having problems too, similar to yours crabplover.
I renewed my subscription less than three weeks ago - beginning to wish I hadn't as all the free email providers now seem more reliable. It is just the hassle of changing everything over.

My problems have got worse - I now can't log in at all.
Having emailed everyone.net several times and just getting the same acknowledgement reply each time I tried contacting the new host, Hostopia, and got a proper response. It seems they have been migrating all the everyone.net hosted accounts across to a new server and many accounts have been corrupted. One of the Hostopia technicians will hopefully ring me tomorrow and sort it out for me.
I only know one other person still using a surfbirder account and they are having problems too, similar to yours crabplover.
I renewed my subscription less than three weeks ago - beginning to wish I hadn't as all the free email providers now seem more reliable. It is just the hassle of changing everything over.
It’s getting ridiculous now, not only have I not heard any contact from everyone.net,
I’ve not heard anything from Hostopia support either - other than an auto reply that my request is being dealt with.
The customer service here is shocking.

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back