• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Swaro improvements report (1 Viewer)

yves0071

France
Dear Colleagues,
I contacted recently Swaro customer service for proposing improvement on their equipment.
I have been astonished that they respond that they do not accept any ideas or improvement proposal from customers (for legal reason)!!!.

If I do such response in the company I am working with, I could loose my job!!!
:C:C:C

Anyone with ISO9001 has to have a complaints procedure and demonstrate continual improvement. I would welcome suggestions, whether they are taken up and how they are used is up to the company (ensure non IP issues for instance). Doesn’t help cultivate a relationship with customers....

Peter

Dear Colleagues,
I contacted recently Swaro customer service for proposing improvement on their equipment.
I have been astonished that they respond that they do not accept any ideas or improvement proposal from customers (for legal reason)!!!.

If I do such response in the company I am working with, I could loose my job!!!
:C:C:C

What a POOR reaction. Thanks for sharing!

Yves,

Could you share us the suggested improvement?

Jan
Hi Jan.
Unfortunatelly not. I cannot disclose the content of the improvement as i am not covered yet by any patent.
Nevertheless I will accept to sign a NDA / secrecy agreement with swarovski if the decide to respond to my offer.
Regards
Yves

Okay, that sounds to me as if you did not only want to suggest some improvements without obligation, just as many customers do.
Instead, it seems to me that you tried to *sell* your idea to Swarovski but they refused. Am I right? If so, their response is only fair IMHO: eventually, it's their decision whether and why they accept your offer or not.

Last edited:
Hi,
In reality, I do not want to disclose ideas for free to large & profitable companies.
I can propose ideas. Then companies can accept or not.
Usually, we have a discussion, explaining roughly the concept and then , if the company is interested, we sign a NDA/ confidentiality agreement. Then, if they find the idea interesting to develop (because they do not have such system, we discuss an agreement and I sell the the concept. The value can be in money, equipment, ...
It is basically quite simple: Companies are free to accept (or not) the second steps but I am still surprise that Swaron is not open at all (even before discussing any kind of agreement).
Ok no Problem! Kowa and Leica could use my concept. :t:B :)
Best regards
Yves

Last edited:
(...) Ok no Problem! Kowa and Leica could use my concept. (...)
That's good news! As many of us await eagerly some innovative or at least updated products from these leading manufacturers your valuable input could promote the competition in the sport optics market.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back