• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Tales of Remarkable Birds, by Dominic Couzens (1 Viewer)

jedigrant

This is a mid-sized book comprised of 40 short chapters about bird species and families, accompanied by some gorgeous photography. This isn’t the first of its kind, several similar books have been published previously. But I find that the more I read about birds, the more I find that I didn’t know about them. And that was certainly the case with this book - I learned a LOT. For instance, did you know that Australia’s White-winged Choughs kidnap chicks from rival groups? I would never have fathomed that would be something birds would do.

The author isn't able to go into great detail here, but I bet everyone could learn a great deal from this book. And it's not only informative, but also a fun, entertaining read. Plus, it has some great photos. That makes it an easy recommendation.

Here's my full review of Tales of Remarkable Birds

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back