• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Trinovid 8x32 eyecup size? (1 Viewer)

Otto McDiesel

Can anyone please measure the outside rim at the very front of the eyecup on a Trinovid 8x32 and tell me the exact diameter?

I appreciate your help.

Also, i can't remeber if these eyecups are covered with rubber, or are they bare metal?

Luca, they're the EXACT same size as the Ultravid 8x32 and, indeed, are rubber.

MY Br's are at home but can give you a measurment later...

I went through this when I put a BN ocular cover on my BR's (and got rid of the piece of junk BR cover!).

BradMT said:
I went through this when I put a BN ocular cover on my BR's (and got rid of the piece of junk BR cover!).

The Ultra/Trinovid is the only ocular cover that I like enough to actually use.
The BN ocular cover for the 32 mm series fits the Swarovski 8x32 EL nicely!
--AP

Thank you for your replies. From your answers, and from what i remember, it looks like the Trinovid series have eyecups smilar to the Ultravid - comfortable.
I was concerned with personal comfort rather than finding a fitting lens cover. I went birding all day with the 8x32 FL yesterday and the very large, square edged, untappered eyecups annoyed the hell out of me. If i used the correct IPD, the eyecups were very uncomfortable to my nose and yes; if i had the eyecups in a comfy position, the IPD was way too wide. The small sweet spot did not help much either. The FL will soon be replaced, with a Trinovid BN, most likely.

Luca said:
I went birding all day with the 8x32 FL yesterday and the very large, square edged, untappered eyecups annoyed the hell out of me.

I think that Zeiss have (fairly) recently changed the design of the FL eyecup, it sounds like you ahve a pair with the older deisgn. It may be worth contacting Zeiss as they can retro fit the new eyecup... it may solve your problem.

postcardcv said:
I think that Zeiss have (fairly) recently changed the design of the FL eyecup, it sounds like you ahve a pair with the older deisgn. It may be worth contacting Zeiss as they can retro fit the new eyecup... it may solve your problem.

Gotta love a forum with such a wealth of helpful information... I'd definately follw-up with Zeiss before selling the bins.

Could someone please measure the outside diameter of the Leica Trinovid HD 8x32 eyecups?
Thank you.

The Ultra/Trinovid is the only ocular cover that I like enough to actually use.
The BN ocular cover for the 32 mm series fits the Swarovski 8x32 EL nicely!
--AP

I'm the opposite. I can't stand the 8x32 Ultravid Ocular cover. I bought an 8x32 BN cover for my 8x32 Ultravid's...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back