• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Up in Norfolk (1 Viewer)

The sniper

Hi folks
Am going up to north Norfolk coast,probably basing myself somewhere between Holme and cley
Is there anywhere cheapish you recommend,don't want anywhere fancy but do want my own room as I snore for Europe??

I haven't decided on dates yet as I can go pretty much anytime but was wondering if its better later in the month or pretty much anytime October?

As mentioned on the main Norfolk Birding thread, its difficult to say when would be best to arrive because autumn here is quite dependent on weather systems. It may just be a case of picking a week in mid to late October and keeping your fingers crossed.

There are plenty of B&Bs along the coast. I tend to recommend staying at Wells because its roughly halfway between Titchwell and Cley, plus it means you are close to Wells Woods and Warham for early morning walks etc.

Hi folks
Am going up to north Norfolk coast,probably basing myself somewhere between Holme and cley
Is there anywhere cheapish you recommend,don't want anywhere fancy but do want my own room as I snore for Europe??

I haven't decided on dates yet as I can go pretty much anytime but was wondering if its better later in the month or pretty much anytime October?

Wells was where I stayed last year but like this year it will be a bit last minute and looking on the net,it seems very pricey,although I can understand why as Its a lovely area.
I did want to stay around wells again but there don't seem too much in the way of budget accommodation.
Think I am coming up on Monday week for a few days so hope the weather helps me
I also enjoy a beer in the evening and wells certainly ticked the box for that last year.
Am sure I will find somewhere,if not will try the place I stayed at last year with the four poster bed ha ha thanks

Have you tried Deepdale Backpackers & Camping?

Hi folks

Would definitely recommend staying at Deepdale Backpackers & Camping - You can choose from private ensuite rooms, dorm beds, take a tent and camp or take a campervan. They do glamping too, but if you want something cheap then glamping probably isn't the right option.
Have a look on their website www.deepdalebackpackers.co.uk

The Coasthopper bus stops right outside, so you can catch that to all the good bird watching spots along the coast, including Titchwell, Holme, Holkham, Cley, Blakeney etc.

Have a great time, it's such a beautiful part of the world.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back