• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Updating Panasonic Gh4 with Canon R1O ? (2 Viewers)

Baron Birder

I have had my GH4. Since 2015 together with the 100-300 mk 2 lens. On a recent holiday I saw what the. Canon R10 with 100-400 could do and was impressed. Its lighter annd has longer reach.
Any helpful thoughts especially from those with experience of these appreciated
BB

You would also get better results with newer m4/3 cameras, of which the top of the line is the OM1 and the G9 slightly behind in capacity. The 100-400 lens from either Olympus/OM systems or the one from Panasonic would give you a very sharp lens with longer reach than the canon option. Precise weight comparisons I cannot make.
Niels

You would also get better results with newer m4/3 cameras, of which the top of the line is the OM1 and the G9 slightly behind in capacity. The 100-400 lens from either Olympus/OM systems or the one from Panasonic would give you a very sharp lens with longer reach than the canon option. Precise weight comparisons I cannot make.
Niels
In terms of weight the R10 plus 100-400 together only weigh 962g whereas the Panasonic 100-400 lens alone weighs 985g. My Gh4 plus100-300 weigh 1080g. My aim is for a lighter set than that.

In terms of weight the R10 plus 100-400 together only weigh 962g whereas the Panasonic 100-400 lens alone weighs 985g. My Gh4 plus100-300 weigh 1080g. My aim is for a lighter set than that.
You would have a little less reach with the equivalent lens and larger sensor, but I suppose you can crop and get similar results. It sounds like you have it well thought out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back