• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Upton Warren (8 Viewers)

I would think so Alan, they are probably all in Africa by now. However there are still a few Green sands about during the day, but more come into roost at night.:t:John

John just got back from Africa and yes there are plenty of common and green sandpipers around it was great to see them all feeding and thinking of the long journey they have just made :t:

What type of warbler is this? can anyone help?

Took this record pic earlier this week, and not sure what type of warbler this is? (or is it a wren?) (water rail hide)

Attachments

• warbler 4.jpg
    warbler 4.jpg
    237.1 KB · Views: 156
  • warbler 6.jpg
    warbler 6.jpg
    219.1 KB · Views: 153
Last edited:
John just got back from Africa and yes there are plenty of common and green sandpipers around it was great to see them all feeding and thinking of the long journey they have just made :t:

Hi Mark
Hope you had a good trip. I hope you didn't have to go there to work, I now you get about a bit with your job but Africa:eek!:
catch you soon mateB :)John

Took this record pic earlier this week, and not sure what type of warbler this is? (or is it a wren?) (water rail hide)

Wrens, blue tits and other common birds do frequent reed beds at this time of year. Hopefully the next warbler in the reeds will be an Aquatic and the blue tits will be replaced by bearded8-P

I know its not UW, but for those who know Worcs and are intersted, there was 29 mandarins on the Rivern Severn next to Trimpley Reservoir this morning, both adult and young birds too.

My list for this morning goes as follows:
Reed Bunting, Blackbird, Mallard, Blue Tit, Wren, Jackdaw, Lapwing, Linnet, Black Headed Gull, Pied Wagtail, Starling, Moorhen, Magpie, Teal, Kestrel, Woodpigeon, Gadwall, Green Woodpecker, Song Thrush, Bullfinch, Long Tailed Tit, Goldfinch, Great Tit, Robin Dunnock, Redwing, Carrion Crow, Coot, Buzzard, Grey Heron, Shoveler, Cormorant, Mute Swan, Greenfinch, Canada Goose, Greylag Goose, Great Crested Grebe, Herring Gull, Little Grebe, Pochard, Jay, Wigeon, Tufted Duck, Water Rail, Scaup, Common Snipe and Jack Snipe.

Chris

just typical photos from gladys eyes,
many thanks to the gents for pointing out the jack snipe this morning,tim

Attachments

• uw 005.jpg
    uw 005.jpg
    315.2 KB · Views: 76
  • uw 007.jpg
    uw 007.jpg
    234.3 KB · Views: 59
  • uw 008.jpg
    uw 008.jpg
    228.9 KB · Views: 68
I know its not UW, but for those who know Worcs and are intersted, there was 29 mandarins on the Rivern Severn next to Trimpley Reservoir this morning, both adult and young birds too.

Trimpley is always worth a visit,I went this afternoon and had 40+ crossbills in a tree by the side of the road, mandarins still there on the river as well. Nice place (apart from the constant yapping of dogs!)

Mike

Sunday 21st October

Heavy fog limited this morning's birding until it cleared around 11:00 to be replaced by glorious sunshine:

SAILING POOL
2 Cormorant, 3 GC Grebe, Kingfisher and Coal Tit by the canoe training pool.

FLASHES
31 Teal, 7 Mallard, 9 Moorhen, 184 Lapwing, 6 Curlew, 14 Snipe, Kingfisher along the Hen Brook.

MOORS POOL
Scaup (first winter drake), 2 Pochard (m+f), 22 Tufted Duck, 6 Wigeon, 4 Gadwall, 22 Teal, 52 Shoveler, 20+ Mallard, 211 Coot, 4+ Moorhen, 5 Grey Heron, 14 Cormorant, 1 Canada Goose, 21 Greylag Geese, 2 adult + 2 imm Mute Swan, 2 Jack Snipe, 6+ Common Snipe, 64 Lapwing, 5 Little Grebe, 3 GC Grebe, 2 Lesser Redpoll along east track, Kingfisher, Cetti's Warbler again reported near the East Hide

Pics from today at the Moor's

A few snaps from todays trip. John B suggested that i posted the Unknown LBJ for suggestions what it may be (from this shot i don't think that ID would be possible) I will say that it looked a little bigger than a Wren.
Redpoll and Migrant Hawker were taken on North Moor's walk. Unknown LBJ from Secret Garden and the Lapwing and Goldfinch from the Moor's.

Simon P:t:

Attachments

• LBJ--.jpg
    LBJ--.jpg
    435 KB · Views: 141
  • Goldfinch-001.jpg
    Goldfinch-001.jpg
    451.1 KB · Views: 64
  • Migrant-Hawker-003.jpg
    Migrant-Hawker-003.jpg
    419.9 KB · Views: 70
  • Lapwing-Reflection-002.jpg
    Lapwing-Reflection-002.jpg
    443.6 KB · Views: 62
  • Redpoll-001.jpg
    Redpoll-001.jpg
    418.2 KB · Views: 104
A few snaps from todays trip. John B suggested that i posted the Unknown LBJ for suggestions what it may be (from this shot i don't think that ID would be possible) I will say that it looked a little bigger than a Wren.
Redpoll and Migrant Hawker were taken on North Moor's walk. Unknown LBJ from Secret Garden and the Lapwing and Goldfinch from the Moor's.

Wot no Jack Snipe? ;) ID on the 1st one-definately an LBJ!
Redpoll is superb! :t:

Rob

I'd say Dunnock for the first one, looking at the patterning. Nice pics

I recorded this this morning. Forgive the quality, more about the naf photographer rather than the equipment. Got up to 15 Curlew at the Flashes at approx. 14.00.

Alan

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    230.5 KB · Views: 109
I recorded this this morning. Forgive the quality, more about the naf photographer rather than the equipment. Got up to 15 Curlew at the Flashes at approx. 14.00.

Alan
Don't worry Alan its not a competition, anything to do with any aspect of Upton warren is what its all about and the more the merrierB :)John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back