• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Upton Warren (16 Viewers)

Nine Curlews in to roost at the Flashes yesterday evening, including the return of 'Tim' the colour-flagged Curlew (AT) that spent a couple of months on and around the reserve last autumn. Also one of the regular Polish colour-ringed BHGs, TACY (black on yellow) arrived in s modest roost of c.170 BHGs. All the waders reported earlier in the day*, apart from Whimbrel, were also present this evening.

* Avocet - 40+
Lapwing - 30+
LRP - 6
Dunlin - 3
Black-tailed Godwit - 6
Redshank - 2
Greenshank - 2
Green Sandpiper - 8
Common Sandpiper - 2

Today's highlights from the Moors and Flashes.

MOORS: Avocet (2) + chick, Common Tern (4) + chick, Little Grebe (8) + 3 chicks, Tufted Duck broods of 8: 2, Little Egret (3), Common Sand (2), Lapwing (10), Teal (2), Cormorant (1), Kestrel.

FLASHES: Avocet (c30 plus a number of hidden birds), Green Sand (8), Common Sand (3), Curlew (9), Black Tailed Godwit (2), LRP (7), Lapwing (18), Shelduck (2) + 9 juvs, Kingfisher, Kestrel.

Des.

The embedded tweet is easier to do but I'm not sure what non-Twitter users see.
Not quite sure what is meant here. It is easier for me to read the full Andy Pitt page you posted since I do not have to login to the Forum to enlarge the other version, although once done no problem. Swings and roundabouts unless you are meaning something else. As for twitter I used to be able to read people's pages without belonging. Now all twitter is denied to me since I have not joined. Fortunately Facebook allows me to follow the Worcs. Wildlife Trust still for news.

Not quite sure what is meant here. It is easier for me to read the full Andy Pitt page you posted since I do not have to login to the Forum to enlarge the other version, although once done no problem. Swings and roundabouts unless you are meaning something else. As for twitter I used to be able to read people's pages without belonging. Now all twitter is denied to me since I have not joined. Fortunately Facebook allows me to follow the Worcs. Wildlife Trust still for news.
In simple terms which is easier for a non Twitter user to read - post #40686 or post #40685?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back