• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

We began feeding black-capped chickadees and are now also feeding some common house sparrows and canary sparrows. (1 Viewer)

Hi rthomasbutler and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators. Chickadees are much the same as our tits and will eat seeds, peanuts, fat balls and mealworms. The woodpeckers will like the peanuts particularly, and they will all go for peanut butter. The quail are likely to eat seeds, I'd think, but not from a feeder, they feed on the ground.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.

Hi rthomasbutler and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators. Chickadees are much the same as our tits and will eat seeds, peanuts, fat balls and mealworms. The woodpeckers will like the peanuts particularly, and they will all go for peanut butter. The quail are likely to eat seeds, I'd think, but not from a feeder, they feed on the ground.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news.
Great idea on the peanut butter! The quail are great to scratch around looking for the corn, sunflower or larger seeds that the chickadees and canary sparrows fling out of the way!

Welcome aboard rthomasbutler :)

Yes, a suet feeder will be loved by many speciies and I believe LOWES Hardware carries a peanut butter suet. At least they used to. But do a google search as to the peanut butter suet in your area.

I love my Carolina Chickadees and I have many :) Enjoy your visits ;)

Hi, welcome to the forum. I think you will find us a friendly and helpful group.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back