• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

West Midlands/Warwickshire local patches. (1 Viewer)

I really hope this site does become a nature reserve, it could be brilliant, and there is nothing to match it nearby. I looked at the original planning permission some years ago, and that stated that after extraction had finished, it had to be returned to farmland, and with the present situation in agriculture, I didn't imagine that would change. Fingers crossed!

Blackbird
I now understand all the complexities involved at the site having just had a long conversation with some one who goes there.

I wrongly identified John Y as the county recorder apologies to him.

In this case the county recorder (finder of the bird) should have stayed with the bird and arranged visiting arrangements as it was a sunday and not left the site for others to deal with.

I think a meeting with the site manager should be made to secure the site for future birding and see if they can come up with a plan for future rarities. Even raising money for a local charity in the site managers name
cheers John Belsey

Popped across to Draycote again yesterday.Very pleasant in the warm weather but not much around except for a couple of Dunlin at Toft.

The best was the Toft Kestrel which was on good form showing well in the air and on the rocky shoreline.

Max.

Attachments

• IMG_6859 (Large).JPG
    IMG_6859 (Large).JPG
    35.7 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_6980 (Large).JPG
    IMG_6980 (Large).JPG
    117.5 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_7006 (Large).JPG
    IMG_7006 (Large).JPG
    119.7 KB · Views: 47
looks like greylag goose to me.o:D
i know out of region but anybody got any info about the cattle egrets reported around slimbridge/frampton recently and where to view from,also a few other questions i need help with on the gloucester fourum area here
please can anybody help me as i might be heading down there this weekend:t:

Lesser Scaup

Presumed 1st Winter Lesser Scaup at Draycote Water today found in Grays Barn this morning before swimming out into Toft!! Bob Hazell called Richard Mays to say he had got a poss Scaup/Lesser so being only a 10 min walk away walked around to find Bob scoping the small flock of Tufties having had a good look thru his Scope & being happy with the features i could see decided to put it out to various parties :t: Some photos on my site any comments welcome

Looks like the consensus is that of an adult Eclipse!!!

Dave

Last edited:
Colour looks like Chiloe Wigeon, so i'd say a hybrid Chiloe Wigeon. I think there used to be one at Kingsbury.

Hi All Thanks for help on I.D on duck, I saw him at a place called Hightop Low which is in Yorkshire near the river Humber. Cheers Kath

Might head up into your neck of the woods tomorrow to look for the Draycote Lesser Scaup and the Aquatic Warbler (in less windy conditions than today, hopefully!). Can anyone suggest good places to search for Willow Tit in Warks or nearby, where they've been seen recently? They've basically gone from all the counties in the south-east, so I'd like to catch up with one if I can.

many thanks,

Willow tit.... try Brandon Marsh on the feeders, Ladywalk on the feeders (donation if you're not a member and see the spotted crake at the same time), or try Coombe CP, they have both Marsh tit and Willow tit in the wood. Whitacre Heath when the feeders are reg. being topped up, prob. Nov?

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back