• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

what do u think? (1 Viewer)

tonerro

i just read about the taung child fossil and i was wondering if any eagle living today can carry off a 3 or 4year old child of average size.i dont believe an eagle can attack and kill a human child,let alone carry it off.or is possible?what do u all think?

A harpy eagle might just about manage, but by no means am I anywhere near certain. Still, wrong area of the world if I remember the story correctly.
Sam

Kill...yes. Some of the larger eagles have got the strength in their talons to kill a youngster if they get the right hold.
Carry off..... Smallish child Harpy eagle maybe just.

Raptors Rule said:
A harpy eagle might just about manage, but by no means am I anywhere near certain. Still, wrong area of the world if I remember the story correctly.
Sam
hi sam,can u explain urself a bit more?thank u

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back