• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

What was your best birding Christmas present this year? (1 Viewer)

SAARLAND BIRDER

An easy one for me - new Nikon SE CF 10 x 42 bins. Had a pair some years ago but I got "relieved" of them, and then went to Swarovski 10 x 42. After two cataract ops and subsequent laser treatment both sides, my vision wasn't all that good. The new Nikon bins have brought it all back - like the man said, 3D vision! Thank you Nikon - just a shame you didn`t make them waterproof!

Happy Christmas to all

I also got something from Nikon it was a d3100 camera with a 300mm Tameron lens really good |=)| merry christamas

So far, absence of hangover from last night. I believe there may be something under the Christmas tree but we haven't opened our presents yet.:C

Merry Christmas everybody!

John

It might not seem much but i got a camo hat one with the ear covers that drop down to keep you warm ,very nice for this time of year .
Rob.

Just a couple of bird books - Urban Birder by David Lindo and The Birdman Abroad by Stuart Winter :t:

Neil was broke until he got paid on Wednesday 21st so he left his shopping all until Friday 23rd!!! :-O

'sylvia warblers', amazingly detailed and great book, but hard to get my head round all of the somograms and pp measurements t+= 73.89 n range business but i will get there eventually!

also 'waders of europe, asia and north america'

A pair of Opticron Veranos after my older binocs kept breaking! The opticrons are amazing and I'm looking forward to getting to use them now. It was a magical moment when the first bird I looked at was a redwing- a first for my Grandparent's garden.
Hope everyone had a great day :t:

No one said Happy Christmas, didn't get a sniff of a turkey and as for snow, tinsel and Cristmas trees, ha ha ha.

Still, couldn't grumble too much, Christmas morning was 30 C, a right stonking flock of 400 Terek Sandpipers were scampering at my feet, big chunky Crab Plovers just beyond and a liberal scattering of Broad-billed Sandpipers and both sand plovers serving as the Christmas stuffing.

No hang over today, think I could get arrested if I had, but just found my goal of the day, 18 Great Sand Plovers, Happy Christmas all!

Just got news that my New Year gift is waiting, roll on seven days...

No one said Happy Christmas, didn't get a sniff of a turkey and as for snow, tinsel and Cristmas trees, ha ha ha.

Still, couldn't grumble too much, Christmas morning was 30 C, a right stonking flock of 400 Terek Sandpipers were scampering at my feet, big chunky Crab Plovers just beyond and a liberal scattering of Broad-billed Sandpipers and both sand plovers serving as the Christmas stuffing.

No hang over today, think I could get arrested if I had, but just found my goal of the day, 18 Great Sand Plovers, Happy Christmas all!

Just got news that my New Year gift is waiting, roll on seven days...

I'll say a late Happy Christmas for you, some great waders for you as well.

I got alot of Birding gifts

RSPB Birds 2012 Calendar

The Birdwatcher's Year Book 2012

Walk In The Wilderness Falconry Voutcher

Lothian Bird Report Books of 2008 & 2009

and my best Birding Christmas Present was a Camera Nest Box.

got quite a few birding gifts this Christmas too

- The Breeding Birds of Malta Book
- The Natural History of the Maltese Islands - Photographic guide
- A Birdwatching jacket
- A camo beanie with headphones
- A bee-eater photo poster

quite happy :)

wishing you all a merry Christmas and a prosperous new year 2012 !!! :t::t:

15 Northern Cardinals at the feeders at the same time - a riot of red! And a Lumix FZ-47. Too bad I didn't have it out of the box in time for the cardinals.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back