• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

What's been in your garden today? (1 Viewer)

A nice suprise in the shape of a female Reed Bunting. That makes the pair visiting us now. The strange thing about this one was the colouration as it seem quite washed out and looking more like the Pallas' Reed Bunting type of colour (if only).

John

Had an osprey hunting the river Tay in front of the house yesterday. Not a bad bird for the garden list. Also upto 18 Chaffinches, lots of Greenfinch and tits on the feeders including a female Great spotted Woodpecker and its young.

7.30am yesterday morning ... Sparrowhawk on back lawn devouring starling. Great to see the Sparrowhawk as I had suspected one had been visiting the garden ... piles of feathers etc appearing ... but until yesterday had not seen it. Shame about the starling though :C

Mike

Cuckoo in my garden!

Late last night I had a visit from a juvenile Cuckoo. :eek!: It was feeding on caterpillars in the willow herb (elephant hawk moth caterpillars?) then perched on the bird feeder pole. A very poor photo I know, but you can't hand hold a 400mm lens with an exposure of 1/4 second! It was after 10.00pm and quite misty. :-C

Attachments

• IMG_2922.JPG
    IMG_2922.JPG
    110.4 KB · Views: 74
Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back