• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Where to buy replacement parts and mounting screws for Sirui tripod heads? (1 Viewer)

AlphaFan

United States
Recently bought a Kowa 88A Spotting Scope. One of the upgrades that I’m thrilled over is the ability to use dual mounting screws to attach a tripod head adaptor plate. This directly addresses the issue of constant loosening I’ve experienced with other scopes. However, I own several tripod heads/plates and the standard package only includes one mounting screw of each of the two most popular sizes. Interestingly, not only are the mounting plates for the Sirui VH-10X and VA-5 Fluid Heads that I own not interchangeable, the mounting screws are also of different lengths and are also not interchangeable between the Sirui different plates. Went to the Sirui website and scoured the web looking for replacement screws with no luck, and I’d hate to have to have to buy a new plate each time I might need a new screw. Also, bought some no-name replacement screws on Amazon that looked similar to those for the VH-10X but they don’t work either. I’ve previously tried contacting Sirui via their website on other issues and never received a response. So, does anyone know where I could buy replacement parts/screws for these Sirui heads or a more direct way to engage Sirui? Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back