• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Which 10x42 binoculars are you using the most? (1 Viewer)

iseegeorgesstar

United States
I wanted to title this thread "Best 10x42 binoculars 2022" but best is subjective because people put different levels of importance on different factors. So "which 10x42 binos are you using the most?" seemed like a better compromise to avoid a flame war.

There's old best bino threads out there but they don't include new releases like Zeiss SPL or NL Pure in some cases.

I'm particularly interested in hearing about transparency / depth of field / color.

Thanks for your thoughts and opinions.

10 year old pair of Swarovski ELs - it’s an easy choice as I only have one pair of 10x42 binoculars

Noctivid.
I did use a 10x42 EDG, but the fit and feel of the Noctivid was better for me. The EDG is on semi-permanent loan to a birding friend.
Since I'm comfortable with the Noctivid, its kept me from being tempted by other possible 10x42's which I'm sure are equally good, and perhaps even 'superior', at least on paper.

-Bill

Like many others, I don't use the 10x42 format that much, but I'm perfectly satisfied with the Monarch HG 10x42. Field of view, eye-relief, weight, resolution and sharpness, and color rendition suit my needs.

Steiner 10x42 IF, a Porro model
  • large FOV
  • interesting DOF
  • easy to keep in equilibrium (it is shorter than Nikon Porro binoculars)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back