• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Why so little Maine information? (1 Viewer)

justabirdwatcher

Just recently moved to eastermost Maine and I'm sorry to see so little activity here. From what I've seen so far, there is a great deal of birding opportunity in this area with a wide diversity of species.

Are there just so few birders in the state?

Birders? in eastern Maine you're lucky to find any people at all :D:D

Eastern Maine would be a spectacular area for birding, especially if you're on the coast. I am considering attending the Cobscook Bay star party for astronomy this summer, it's one of the darkest places in the eastern US. I live just just south of Maine in Mass., I missed seeing the Stellars' sea eagle up there but I'm watching this page and hoping for a return engagment:

Man that Eagle is gorgeous!

I skimmed the video on the Audubon page, crazy looking at the possible paths it took to get to New England, good luck spotting it!

Southern end of Downeast here. Did spend a cold day around Georgetown with throngs of others that first Winter the Steller's arrived, we had no luck. A lot of that crowd traveled from out of state but plenty were residents, so there must be a few of us at least! 6 years back, another rarity for these parts showed up along the Stud Mill rd, a Great Grey owl. Good crop of people out in the middle of near nowhere for that too. I did hear it as dusk turned to dark but never saw it.

Just recently moved to eastermost Maine and I'm sorry to see so little activity here. From what I've seen so far, there is a great deal of birding opportunity in this area with a wide diversity of species.

Are there just so few birders in the state?
Hi! I've just joined the forum. I live in Orono, near Bangor. I'm just a backyard birder and don't know a whole lot, but I enjoy watching all the birds that come to our feeders. I'm also rather surprised to see so little Maine activity here because the state really does have an abundance of bird species.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back