• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Yellow Warbler (florida coast) (1 Viewer)

Owene

Wales
Saw this bird, very bright yellow as the overall colour tone in flight flying between small islands in the crystal River on Florida's gulf coast.

It looks good to me as a female yellow warbler from what Sibley calls the northern group, presumably on migration. Any alternative species is likely to be a tick anyway but wanted to clarify

floryw2.JPG

floryw3.JPG

This is American Yellow Warbler S.aestiva after the IOC split, the other species being simply Yellow Warbler S.petechia.

Last edited:
American Yellow Warbler S.aestiva after the IOC split, the other species being simply Yellow Warbler S.petechia.
Setophaga petechia is the Mangrove Warbler in the IOC list. The name "American Yellow Warbler" distinguishes S. aestiva from the African Yellow Warbler (Iduna natalensis), the Mountain Yellow Warbler (I. similis) and the Papyrus Yellow Warbler (Calamonastides gracilirostris), all acrocephalids.

Setophaga petechia is the Mangrove Warbler in the IOC list. The name "American Yellow Warbler" distinguishes S. aestiva from the African Yellow Warbler (Iduna natalensis), the Mountain Yellow Warbler (I. similis) and the Papyrus Yellow Warbler (Calamonastides gracilirostris), all acrocephalids.
Not on Scythebill it's not?

Updated and lost 8 species despite the sytstem telling me I lost 2 and gained 2?
I haven't experienced this problem. The taxonomy view defaults to ebird, so you can check that. You can also look into "Special reports" and then "Splits and lumps" to see if you can get a better understand of what might be missing.

I haven't experienced this problem. The taxonomy view defaults to ebird, so you can check that. You can also look into "Special reports" and then "Splits and lumps" to see if you can get a better understand of what might be missing.
I've done the splits and lumps but when I go to 'reports', I get the number of species I've seen plus, in brackets, '17's'p' which I presume are unresolved but can't figure out how to locate them?

1. Click Show reports
  2. In the rule drop-down list, select Sp./Hybrid? (You should see β€œis” and β€œSp.” selected automatically.)
The first bit is easy but cannot see part two on that page?
When you click reports there should be a field in the upper left saying location. Click on that and select the bottom option on the dropdown list that appears.
Niels

Users who are viewing this thread

Back