• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Young Birders Yearlist Challenge (3 Viewers)

ok it won't let me edit the first post anymore so I'll keep updating the table in normal posts.

1st) Robert Williamson (GB) - 95 species
2nd) Ash1456 (GB) - 74 species
3rd) Jonny721 (GB) - 67 species
4th) Dark Knight (GB) - 61 species
5th) Billsbirding (GB) - 39 species
6th) Loufish (GB) - 37 species
7th) Birding Maniac (GB) - 15 species
8th) Joseph N (GB) - 12 species
9th) The Seagull (GB) - 11 species
10th) UtahnBirder (USA) - 3 species

Last edited:
Nice one Rob, from 10 to 95. I'm off to the London Wetland Centre tommorow so hopefully I'll get an increase on 39!

Thanks Bill :t: not a bad start to the year for me but I missed some very common birds today like Nuthatch, Treecreeper, Canada Goose, Golden Pheasant and a few more I can't remember but atleast 2moz I'm doing another bird race.

Thanks Bill :t: not a bad start to the year for me but I missed some very common birds today like Nuthatch, Treecreeper, Canada Goose, Golden Pheasant and a few more I can't remember but atleast 2moz I'm doing another bird race.
95 thats an amazing lot. Im now on 66.

Last edited:
A rise of 1 species today, bringing my total to 12 :-O. Yet again didn't get out cos of the weather and generally being busy. Its kind of frustrating really, I want to get out there....! :-C

I'm currently on 37, missing a couple of obvious birds and hopefully tomorrow morning I'll get out to do some proper birding. I may go to the wetlands if I can get all my work done although that's looking very unlikely at the moment :(

I might as well join in. At the moment I'm at 3 birds. But remember to consider I had absolutely NO chance to bird yesterday and my parents aren't cooperating to bring me anywhere today.
Plus no birds at the feeder.

A good mornings birding got me to 74 and this afternoon Im going to try for chough, raven, SEO, Hen harrier etc and the other common stuff I have so far missed (LT Tit:-O)

I'm on 61 after a morning at the London Wetland Centre (nice meeting you there Louisfh!). Highlights so far are Bittern and Water Rail

Hopefully my list will go up one soon as I was at Titchwell when the Pacific Diver was found but just waiting for confirmation.

I haven't said any of my highlights yet so here I go.

Highlights: Bullfinch, Little Owl, Tree Sparrow, Red Kite, Twite, Rock Pipet, Water Rail, Bearded Tit, Snow Goose, White-fronted Geese, Yellow Legged Gull, Slavonian Grebe, Water Pippet, Velvet Scoter and Bean Goose (Tundra).

Total does not include probably Pacific Diver I saw at Titchwell RSPB today, just wait for a positive id.

Oh dear I'm lagging some! On 49 as of now. Still missing greenfinch though (god knows how) and a number of other usually regular local birds.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back