• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Zeiss Victory FL 8x32 (1 Viewer)

master 5,
I support the suggestion by GrampaTom in post 3. Another suggestion : GPO Passion ED 8x32, for its money a very good binocular and do not forget the Meopta MeoStar 8x32.
Gijs van Ginkel

In addition to the variants proposed by colleagues, I strongly recommend Nikon HG 8x30:
large field of view 8.3deg. with big eye relief 16.2mm,
good transmission,
very good resolution on the center,
vibrant colors,
extremely small body for an 8x30, I think only Ultravid is a little short,
very comfortable to look at its large eyepieces,
silky focus wheel,
an extremely refined design.

Last edited:
In addition to the variants proposed by colleagues, I strongly recommend Nikon HG 8x30:
large field of view 8.3deg. with big eye relief 16.2mm,
good transmission,
very good resolution on the center,
vibrant colors,
extremely small body for an 8x30, I think only Ultravid is a little short,
very comfortable to look at its large eyepieces,
silky focus wheel,
an extremely refined design.
And finicky eye placement.:)

Of course, EL8x32 is an amazing binoculars, but if CA correction is important for the user, then it is not a competitor to FL8x32.

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back