• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Compact Binoculars Upgrade? (1 Viewer)

I've used the travellers a fair bit, a good few hours in total.

Eye placement seems quite easy, the focus is nice and smooth, not many kidney bean blackouts.
The field of view is pretty good too.
There not quite belt loop or pocket small, but I guess that depends how big your pockets are! For a '32 they are small though, especially in width compared to porro's, light too.

Im not a huge fan of them for no good reason really, they just don't feel special, effective but generic, very popular for good reason though.

Viking had a few pairs of Swarovski CL 8x25s at a good price - ex-demo models serviced by Swarovski - I think about £450 for as new, and £430 for minor cosmetic marks - if you can stretch that far they're great binoculars.
I snapped a pair of the 10x25 up and see that other used stock has been getting bought up . I bought grade A versions and am very happy with the excellent condition of the bins.

Hi, I’m probably late to the party but anyway: I actually have the Ziess Terra ED 8x25 and have used them extensively for the last few years. They are really sharp and brighter than I had expected. The build quality could be better though but I guess that’s the trade off for Ziess optics at this price point. Eye placement is a little difficult as I believe which many small binos.

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back