• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Leica 10x42 ultravid (1 Viewer)

All great info. I started this thread to highlight the great customer service this company provided. While the info shared here is great I created this thread to shine on a wonderful company and the way they handled me. I do however appreciate you all making light on the upgrade.

I have both Leica Trinovid 7x42 BN and 7x42 UVHD(non+) and i can see a difference but my favorite strange enough is the older Trinnie BN 🤔. Warmer colors and -for me- better eyecups.
Where my 8x32 Ultravid very convincingly trounced my BN is in lower light and also contrast/color saturation in daylight. In many other settings I like the BN too for in hand comfort, not to mention knowing this used to be that unobtainably expensive binocular I longed to buy from the ads.

I’ve others say the BN’s lean more like Nikon EDG and MHG color flavor.
I owned an 8x32 BN, I loved it. It was very similar to the Ultravid color wise, but the UV was definitely brighter, and obviously more compact, though the BN fits nicely in the hand. I haven’t tried the EDG or MGH but the BN was very similar to my Nikon SEs, so that’s probably true.

Last edited:
We’ve kinda ignored the killer service the OP got from Leica. I remember when Leica was super strict about warranty cards, 30 day deadlines for registration and only original owner policy. This is way above and beyond good service!
Can’t agree more, I’m very impressed with Leica warranty and customer service. I think I posted one or more of my experiences with Leica. In any event they just recently replaced a year and a half old bino , bought over seas due to a very minor cosmetic issue that was almost unnoticeable. Everything else them was excellent. Was told it wouldn’t get worse, I’m sure 90+% people wouldn’t even have noticed it if I decided to one day sell them. But at these prices and the fact I’ve looked at over a half dozen that didn’t have this issue , pushed me to have it resolved.

Paul

Can’t agree more, I’m very impressed with Leica warranty and customer service. I think I posted one or more of my experiences with Leica. In any event they just recently replaced a year and a half old bino , bought over seas due to a very minor cosmetic issue that was almost unnoticeable. Everything else them was excellent. Was told it wouldn’t get worse, I’m sure 90+% people wouldn’t even have noticed it if I decided to one day sell them. But at these prices and the fact I’ve looked at over a half dozen that didn’t have this issue , pushed me to have it resolved.

Paul
In my experience as well: Leica CS Portugal is really outstanding, actually that pushed me to buy a used three year old 12x50 UVHD+.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back