• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

My new NL Pure 8x32 (1 Viewer)

KeesJ

Netherlands
Today I bought the NL Pure 8x32. Here are a few impressions.

The bino is comfortable to hold and viewing is problem-free, for example I don't have to make an effort to avoid blackouts.
I could easily attach the carrying strap with the help of the manual. But I find the whole thing rather sloppy with those long and loose ends of the strap. Maybe someone has tips on this?
Also, it's a pity this Pure does not fit in the case when de strap is attached.

IMG_20230401_111830~2.jpg

The rainguard fits well over each of the eyecups, but I have to stretch it with a bit of force to put it over both eyecups. So this is a bit clumsy and can't be done mindlessly and without looking. Hopefully things will go smoother later on. I have tried it with the strap thru one eye of the rainguard en thru both of them. Don't know what I like best.

So far the first impressions.

Last edited:
Excellent choice!

The strap is a PIA (!) to fit in the case. I use a Rick Young Harness on my 10x42 Pure's.

which easily fits in the case and can be used with all my bino's by purchasing extra clips. The harness is about £30 in the UK and sold by Amazon as well as others.

You will find additional strap mounts in the white box that came with your bino's to replace the original strap mounts fitted to the strap if you do go down the Rick Young route or with a different strap.

Excellent choice!

The strap is a PIA (!) to fit in the case. I use a Rick Young Harness on my 10x42 Pure's.

which easily fits in the case and can be used with all my bino's by purchasing extra clips. The harness is about £30 in the UK and sold by Amazon as well as others.

You will find additional strap mounts in the white box that came with your bino's to replace the original strap mounts fitted to the strap if you do go down the Rick Young route or with a different strap.
Thanks for the tip, Pat. But I wonder, the Rick Young Harness looks a bit thin when the weight is on your neck. Or isn't that a problem?

Thanks for the tip, Pat. But I wonder, the Rick Young Harness looks a bit thin when the weight is on your neck. Or isn't that a problem?
That was my immediate reaction too but no it really is a comfortable bit of kit and as I do a lot of hillwalking, the ability to put your arms through each side of the harness really 'clamps' your bino's to your chest.

I have fitted RY clips to all my bino's including my Geco 8x56's and they are on the wrong side of quite heavy!

I agree about the FP strap. There should be a pair of strap loop connectors that came with the bins which allow you to use a standard bin strap.

I use the RY harness on the heavier 8x42. I typically don't care for harnesses, but the RY is fairly easy to get in and out of and has some flexibility in how you can use it. It takes the weight off of your neck.

Last edited:
Try this Vero Vellini strap. I use it on all my binoculars. It is my favorite. It is well made but minimalist in design. The NL 8x32 will fit in the case with this strap. Use just the left side hole of the rain guard for your strap.

Today I bought the NL Pure 8x32. Here are a few impressions.

The bino is comfortable to hold and viewing is problem-free, for example I don't have to make an effort to avoid blackouts.
I could easily attach the carrying strap with the help of the manual. But I find the whole thing rather sloppy with those long and loose ends of the strap. Maybe someone has tips on this?

View attachment 1501811

The rainguard fits well over each of the eyecups, but I have to stretch it with a bit of force to put it over both eyecups. So this is a bit clumsy and can't be done mindlessly and without looking. Hopefully things will go smoother later on. I have tried it with the strap thru one eye of the rainguard en thru both of them. Don't know what I like best.

So far the first impressions.
Get an RYO. It'll also solve your fit in case problem....

I bought this fieldbag and are very happy with it.

But I find the whole thing rather sloppy with those long and loose ends of the strap. Maybe someone has tips on this?
Maybe give it some time. It was my first reaction as well, but now I like the long strap. I wear my NL 10x32 mostly bandolier style.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back