• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

My new NL Pure 8x32 (1 Viewer)

Messed up? It must be impossible to please everyone with accessories. Some just want a wrap around the bin, some want to stuff the strap in and expect another on the case itself, some want room for a sandwich and book too... (I'm in the first camp)

If Swaro put FieldPro lugs on the case, you could swap a single strap between bin and case. How much could you miss while fumbling with that?

Swaro strap taking up much less room in bag than RYO, goes the same way. This by the way is how I wrap straps to avoid Fieldpro studs from twisting, (see earlier postings).

Swaro strap taking up much less room in bag than RYO, goes the same way. This by the way is how I wrap straps to avoid Fieldpro studs from twisting, (see earlier postings).
Don't RYO make special adapters for those funny 'hinges' on the Swaros?

Don't RYO make special adapters for those funny 'hinges' on the Swaros?
RYO sells an expensive metal replacement for the more standard slotted style plastic adapter that Swaro supplies with each bino equipped with fieldpro. I use the Swaro version. So far so good. I did take chill6x6 advice and replace RYO's metal O rings with the zip ties. Looks a little kludgy but seems potentially kinder to the bino body, etc. I wonder if folks cruising through the various packaging, and merch stuff, don't realize, haven't experimented with, this included adaptor?

Im happy to discuss how I and others use Fieldpro, but just so it doesnt get lost, the point of the pictures was to show Spedmeister how to deal with the strap and cases.

It is INSANE that you can’t fit the binos in the case w the strap that comes with it…..

Those binoculars should jump out of the case (w the strap on) and give you a back rub for chrissakes…..

Who’s the R&D guy that messed that up?

That doesn’t even seem real……

I tend to close the case with the strap outside. It does work if you wrap it around the bins and that probably helps with padding.

I had the headrest shear straight off taking it out of the case as well. It’s not a great case

But you showed it with the RYO, not the Swaro strap.
As Owene tells us, I also tried that. But it is still a bit narrow and my IPD does't stay put.
The Swaro strap is easier. It takes up less bulk. I do exactly the same thing with the swaro strap and the fieldpro swivel hardware. Works just the same. Even easier to execute, cuz there's less material to deal with.

IPD adjustment moving? I have no clue. Does not happen for me. Sorry. Perhaps its how you handle bino in bag, move it about??
I tend to close the case with the strap outside. It does work if you wrap it around the bins and that probably helps with padding.

I had the headrest shear straight off taking it out of the case as well. It’s not a great case
Seems case was not designed for use with headrest gizmo... I do not have one, so cant comment.

IPD adjustment moving? I have no clue. Does not happen for me. Sorry. Perhaps its how you handle bino in bag, move it about??
IPD is almost at the widest. Closing the over stuffed case did change the adjustment.
But as I wrote before, I now use a different case.

Off topic, but thank you @MiddleRiver for this sequence that made me want to see this movie, 'Five Easy Pieces', which I knew nothing about.
Just had a great time tonight seeing it, discovering it !! 👍
Jack has a lot of early movies which are really great, there's a good one where he is a sailor but I forgot the name.

With 32's, in my opinion 8x is the way to go.

Very nice choice I say.
Totally agree and not just 32mm either, 8's in 42 also. We both tested 8x32, 8x42 and 10x42 in the NL's over the weekend and we both agreed the 8's were the most pleasing and easier to view.

Apparently the 42mm in the NL range has a wider field of view compared to the 32mm but we couldn't discern it.

The 8x32 were our favourites and didn't give up much to the 8x42, the 10x42 we could have chucked them in the bin, awful viewing experience compared to the 8's.

Just our opinion.

Last edited:
Totally agree and not just 32mm either, 8's in 42 also. We both tested 8x32, 8x42 and 10x42 in the NL's over the weekend and we both agreed the 8's were the most pleasing and easier to view.

Apparently the 42mm in the NL range has a wider field of view compared to the 32mm but we couldn't discern it.

The 8x32 were our favourites and didn't give up much to the 8x42, the 10x42 we could have chucked them in the bin, awful viewing experience compared to the 8's.

Just our opinion.
"The 8x32 were our favorites and didn't give up much to the 8x42, the 10x42 we could have chucked them in the bin, awful viewing experience compared to the 8's."

Really! I thought the NL 10x42's were the best 10x42's I have ever looked through. If you do chuck them in the bin, I will pay you to ship them to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back