• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Papilio II Strap? (1 Viewer)

tm3

Unfortunately, I have managed to lose the strap that came with my Papilio IIs. Due to the proprietary attachment system, I can't figure out how to attach a different strap and I have been unable to find a source for a replacement strap.

Does anyone here know where I can find a replacement, or a way to attach another strap?

Thanks!

how bout starting here (if you live in the US)

that should get you a step along to asking if a replacement strap is available separately. Regards, Pat

I use the Peak Design Leash on all my cameras and the superb little Pentax Papilio. It is a great strap.

I wonder if a little holt head would fit and click in place. If so then you could knock up a strap holder….. very annoying as the fittings are nice and work well.

Peter

Hmmmm, I wonder if the product code for that item is a Ricoh/Pentax code or a Bristol Camera code. Might be worthwhile to bookmark or save the code# Regards, Pat (good find BTW!!)

An m2.5 screw fits, but you need to thin down the height of the head to fit, also sanding the top of the thread a bit would stop it eating the locking slot.

Peter

Warning! This thread is more than 2 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back