• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Swarovski ATC vs ATS 65 (1 Viewer)

Stuarts vision

England
Hi all,

Looking to upgrade my Opticron HR66 spotting scope.

Really like the specifications of the Swarovski ATC, has anyone compared them to the Swarovski ATS 65 and how did they compare.

I don't want anything bigger or heavier than the 65's.

Thanks

There was a comparison of several scopes on an archery site, which I can't find at the moment and they expressed a very definite preference for the ATS 65 as against the ATC.
It doesn't look as if the ATC is being discounted as yet, so an ATS 65 with 25-50x W eyepiece may even be available at a slightly lower price.
I own an old but excellent example of the ATM 65HD (optically identical to the ATS 65) and the occasions when my Kowa 883 offers a practical advantage in the field are very few and far between, so IMO a good 65 mm scope offers an ideal compromise of portability and performance.

John

I own both Opticron MM4 60ED and Swarovski ATC 56, and don’t consider the Swarovski to be enough of an upgrade to justify the difference in cost. Neither will be as good as the 65, of course, but when spending several hours in the field I prefer carrying a lighter scope and tripod than the 65 (Which I used to own).

Hi. I’m selling my dads ats 65 with 20-60x. Has the cover and loads of accessories. He passed away, but barely used it after getting it due to ill health. It’s sat in a draw since 2002 in the original box. It was a gift from Swarovski as he designed them a new tripod attachment as a thank you. If ur interested let me know! It’s on mint condition! Sarah

Attachments

• 36A0D9ED-DB9A-48B7-B2AA-360992F91CB5.jpeg
    36A0D9ED-DB9A-48B7-B2AA-360992F91CB5.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 41
  • 25047078-50A1-4E0C-958A-2F9A4870038C.jpeg
    25047078-50A1-4E0C-958A-2F9A4870038C.jpeg
    643.7 KB · Views: 41
Here you go:

Hermann
I never trust any review based on ONE sample scope. I will not get that sample to start with, and even assuming the standard deviation around the performance of a scope is small (it should be from Swaro), cherries and lemons do exist in the real world. That video fails to actually check whether the scopes used are optically as good as they should, and for that alone I find I would not rely on it.

I never trust any review based on ONE sample scope. I will not get that sample to start with, and even assuming the standard deviation around the performance of a scope is small (it should be from Swaro), cherries and lemons do exist in the real world. That video fails to actually check whether the scopes used are optically as good as they should, and for that alone I find I would not rely on it.
Same here. As a matter of fact I don't rely on any single review. However, reviews provide you with information that may be helpful when you assess a product yourself to decide whether it fits your needs.

Hermann

Hi. I’m selling my dads ats 65 with 20-60x. Has the cover and loads of accessories. He passed away, but barely used it after getting it due to ill health. It’s sat in a draw since 2002 in the original box. It was a gift from Swarovski as he designed them a new tripod attachment as a thank you. If ur interested let me know! It’s on mint condition! Sarah
Hi and sorry about your dad's passing...
Best is to post it in the 'Classifieds' forum and be sure to include location, asking price etc. Good luck!

1692013678062.png

How much are you looking for ...

Tim

Users who are viewing this thread

Back