• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Vote for the most famous BF bino contributor (1 Viewer)

When i'm interested in a certain bin I know who knows and scan their posts, when Brock posts I have to read word for word the whole darn thing!

Entertainment at its best, you have a gift my friend! :t:

Thanks as always,
Ray

Bruce, looking through different bins may be easy for most readers of Bf. but not for some of us |:(| in parts of the world where very, very few are available! Also, of course, the optics knwledge in Bf. is welcome to those of us |^| who are curious. Frank, Henry et al., don't let the Hall of Fame |:$| embarrass you out of it!

Last edited:
I`v just re-read the original post.

Who is the most recognized name ?

I think it might actually be Dennis, but perhaps not for the reason envisaged by the op.

By the way you might need to order a 32mm Swarovision, I read a review today which reckoned it had moved the goalposts for a 32mm optic.

I`v just re-read the original post.

Who is the most recognized name ?

I think it might actually be Dennis, but perhaps not for the reason envisaged by the op.

By the way you might need to order a 32mm Swarovision, I read a review today which reckoned it had moved the goalposts for a 32mm optic.
Where?

Birdwatch magazine, The gist was they had to keep reminding themselves it was a 32mm not a 42mm, no mention of RB or other negatives. I look forward to trying one when Roger my local Swaro dealer at Launceston gets one in, still searching for that once in a lifetime must have binocular.

Birdwatch magazine, The gist was they had to keep reminding themselves it was a 32mm not a 42mm, no mention of RB or other negatives. I look forward to trying one when Roger my local Swaro dealer at Launceston gets one in, still searching for that once in a lifetime must have binocular.
They said that about the 8x32 EDG II also. I will wait for Allbino's review. I think the EDG will crush the new 8x32 SV. Just watch.

http://www.birdwatch.co.uk/channel/reviewitem.asp?c=11&review=2926

They said that about the 8x32 EDG II also. I will wait for Allbino's review. I think the EDG will crush the new 8x32 SV. Just watch.

http://www.birdwatch.co.uk/channel/reviewitem.asp?c=11&review=2926

Crush is a brave statement. I can`t help feeling that Swaro must have weighed up the EDG factor before releasing the 32mm Swarovision and I`m not a Swarovski fan just an admirer.

Anyway we`re going of thread with this.

My vote goes to Brock as the most recognised name, it was mostly his post`s that prompted me to join this forum.

Well, that settles it! He agrees with Newfie that his SE post is legendary!

By his own words Dennis IS a legend in his own mind!:-O

Bob

Bob

Most of us regulars know that Dennis is a legend in his own mind but it is kind of funny for him to openly admit it. I think Dennis's post was vintage Dennis, i.e. he did a 180 degree about face as he has done so many times in the past.

Most were growing very tired of Dennis butting in on the porro threads with his "my EDG is better" spiel so now that he currently has a SE he has the "credentials". His EDG will be the "best" if someone is discussing roofs and of course his SE will be the "best" if it's a porro discussion....so now he'll be doubly obnoxious.;)

Steve

Award for the greatest amount of solidly grounded information: Henry

Award for the most long-winded and determined: Brock

Award for stirring up the most s#%t: Dennis

Those who have not been on the forum for long don't truly understand the full implications of Dennis's embrace of the SE as the world's greatest binocular. I quote here from some of his earliest posts to the forum. These are real, and he posted them in 2005 or 2006, though they are no longer accessible on this website. I copied them several years ago knowing they would come in useful someday. I know, I know. You're welcome.

"I have had Nikon Superior E's...and I can't see how people can say they are better optically than the top line roofs....I think people rationalize keeping their Superior E's because they don't want to spend the money to get top line roofs. Saying they are better optically is crap. They are not...."

"I have 20/20 uncorrected vision and I find it incredible that so many people like the view through the Nikon Superior E's better than top line roofs like Swarovski's, Zeiss or Nikons own roofs. Every current test including Alula using tripods and doublers say the roofs are better. Better View Desired say that Nikon's own roofs are better than the Nikon Superior E's. They are using scientific methods to prove their results. I think you have some vision problems if you think Nikon Superior E's are better than roofs. Or there must be something about the view you prefer but they certainly aren't optically superior. You just don't want to spend the money to get a good pair of roofs. Crack that wallet open and get rid of those antique Porro's! It's only money!"

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back