• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

10D Custom Functions (1 Viewer)

Merop

William Wilson
I have been going over the settings of the default settings of the custom functions on the 10D, I change a few but wondered if there are any good tips from users on variations on the default settings.

Merop said:
I have been going over the settings of the default settings of the custom functions on the 10D, I change a few but wondered if there are any good tips from users on variations on the default settings.

I only use the mirror lock (No 12 I think).

are you aware of the www.canonians.com web site or i feel sure there is a yahoo site for the canon 10D similar to the Nikon D70 group. you should be able to find more about the default settings.
geoff
nikon user

Basically two:-

fn 6 1/3 stops
fn 8 RAW+Large fine

I toyed with the fn 4 Shutter button/AE lock button to lock the focus on half depress, basically to prefocus whilst awaiting the bird to return to the perch, I could have manually focused - but I thought what the heck someone designed the function so I tried it.

Thanks for the links

Right, I've just checked through the settings and these are the ones I've changed from the default:

C.Fn-01 - set to '1' - to change the shooting quality directly using the SET button and the Quick Control Dial.

C.Fn-13 - set to '1' - to select registered AF point using only the Assist Button.

C.Fn-16 - set to '1' - to make the shutter speed or aperture change to enable a correct exposure if the brightness changes. Not really sure on this one: it just seemed like a good idea reading the description.

All the other settings have been left at '0'.

I think the C.Fn-04 can be left at '0' and the focus will still lock when you press the shutter button half way. If you also press the AE lock button (the star button) you can lock the exposure.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back