• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

AT 80 adapter? (1 Viewer)

MSP1LT

Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum and had a quick question about the AT 80. Does Swarovski, or anyone else for that matter, make an adapter that allows one to mount a digital camera, specifically a Canon SLR to the scope. I know the newer models do, but I've not been able to find such an adapter for the AT 80. Many thanks in advance!

John

Hi John and welcome to BF.

There are two Swarovski adapters that would allow you to mount your dslr onto the scope. The two options are:

1. use the TLS800 - this adapter replaces the eyepeice of the scope and the lens of your camera and effectively turns the scope into an 800mm f9 manual focus lens. This adapter is designed for use with the new scopes, but works perfectly with the older model. There are older versions of this adapter that you can get cheaper, but they are not as good.

2. use the DCA with the insert to allow it to work with the older eyepeices (no insert needed if you use the current eyepeice). You will need to use the Canon 50 f1.8 lens on your camera ( and cheap lens at about £70 over here), this can be attached to the DCA via it's filter thread.

There are pros and cons to both systems - best bet if to find a shop that stock this stuff and try it for yourself.

Dear Postcardcv, Thanks very much for the needed info. Since I have a the prime Canon 50mm, I think I'll begin there and see what happens. Thanks again for replying to my inquiry.

John

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back