- Ketupa ketupu
38β44 cm (15-17ΒΌ in); the smallest fish owl
- Finely streaked, buffy undersides
- Dark brown barred upper parts
- Prominent white patch on forehead above bill
- Bright yellow iris
- Prominent ear-tufts
Asia and Australasia
Southeast Asia: Indochina, Myanmar, Vietnam, Cambodia, Thailand, Malaysia, Malay Peninsula, Brunei, Singapore, Borneo, Indonesia, Greater Sundas, Sumatra, Java, Lesser Sundas, Bali
Australasia: Cocos (Keeling) Island
Formerly placed in the genus Bubo.
There are 4 subspecies:
- Nias Island (off north-western Sumatra)
Forested rivers, streams and lakes also trees bordering fishponds and rice fields.
The diet consists mostly of fish, other aquatic life, small mammals, rats and mice, and birds.
- Clements, J. F., T. S. Schulenberg, M. J. Iliff, D. Roberson, T. A. Fredericks, B. L. Sullivan, and C. L. Wood. 2018. The eBird/Clements checklist of birds of the world: v2018. Downloaded from http://www.birds.cornell.edu/clementschecklist/download/
- Nature Watch, Singapore
- Handbook of the Birds of the World Alive (retrieved April 2016)
 External Links