• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

What time do you call this!?!?!? (Version 2) (1 Viewer)

birdman

Орнитол&
Up at some godforsaken hour to take partnyorsha to work again, this morning.

On the way (at 7.33 - for reference) we passed a half-asleep Barn Owl, sunning itself at the side of a single track road.

Nice.

birdman said:
Up at some godforsaken hour to take partnyorsha to work again, this morning.

On the way (at 7.33 - for reference) we passed a half-asleep Barn Owl, sunning itself at the side of a single track road.

Nice.

The Barn Owl has obviously got the right idea!

Yes, very nice Birdman, definitely a good way to start the day. Rising early does have its benefits! (I don't know what you call early in England , I think you start work later than us, I start at 07.30. . .)

Birdman,

I like your idea of what early is. I'd probably listen to the dawn chorus more often, but they play it too early!

How did you record your sighting? Half-asleep Birdwatcher spots half-asleep Owl?

I have to catch the train to work at about 6.15, when the dawn chorus is just about starting. The station is surounded by trees with a fair few birds, but trying to spot them or recognise the song at that time of the morning......

AndyC

Finding a Barn Owl, half-asleep or not (him OR me) is one of the better reasons for getting up early!!

Know you're off for your holidays, Birdman -- have a great trip!!

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back