• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

At last... (2 Viewers)

Sometimes it seems that photography and visual optics operate in different universes. Neither of the two images above would represent what we would see through a good telescope, which would have both high visual contrast and high resolution.

I'm not much interested in camera optics, so I just haven't pursued the reasons why photographic images like these are deficient. The image on the left appears to have higher wavefront errors, but I can't tell what they are - maybe spherical aberration and/or astigmatism? The one on the right could be a well figured optic, but with lots of light loss and scatter, like what would occur in a multi-element lens with no AR coating and/or poor baffling.

Dennis,

The FL you purchased from Australia, will Zeiss USA service them? I guess another way to put it, where do Folks in Australia send in their Zeiss for service.

Andy W.

Hi Andy

As an Aussie who owns Zeiss bought in Australia, I can answer that - warranty repairs are done in Germany. Not sue how it works if the binos you buy in Australia are taken overseas.

Peter

Dennis,

The FL you purchased from Australia, will Zeiss USA service them? I guess another way to put it, where do Folks in Australia send in their Zeiss for service.

Andy W.
I contacted Zeiss and they said if warranty service is needed you send them in to Kentucky.

Zeiss Consumer Products
COP Repair Service
1050 Worldwide Blvd
Hebron, KY 41048
USA

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back