• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Initial Setup (1 Viewer)

Colin S

I'm about to take the plunge & get my first digiscoping set up but before I hammer my credit card I'd appreciate some advice from those that have gone before! Please bear with me as I know from reading the various threads that others have asked similar questions, but none of them seems to exactly set my mind at rest. I don't want to end up with something that doesn't work for me.

I have a Kowa TSN821 scope with a 20x60 lens.

Reading the various threads it seems that the majority opinion favours either the Coolpix 4500 or the Canon A95 (although it is clear there are many other options). At £200 (ish) the Canon is clearly the better priced so, for my first digital camera, I'm 95% inclined to go for that model. However, I do want to attach it to my scope, rather than hand-hold. So I suppose the simple question is, are adaptors available to attach the Canon to the Kowa &, if so, which is the best one?

Any comments & advice would be gratefully received.

Thanks in anticipation.

Col

Colin S said:
I'm about to take the plunge & get my first digiscoping set up but before I hammer my credit card I'd appreciate some advice from those that have gone before! Please bear with me as I know from reading the various threads that others have asked similar questions, but none of them seems to exactly set my mind at rest. I don't want to end up with something that doesn't work for me.

I have a Kowa TSN821 scope with a 20x60 lens.

Reading the various threads it seems that the majority opinion favours either the Coolpix 4500 or the Canon A95 (although it is clear there are many other options). At £200 (ish) the Canon is clearly the better priced so, for my first digital camera, I'm 95% inclined to go for that model. However, I do want to attach it to my scope, rather than hand-hold. So I suppose the simple question is, are adaptors available to attach the Canon to the Kowa &, if so, which is the best one?

Any comments & advice would be gratefully received.

Thanks in anticipation.

Col
Whats best in the way of adapters is a matter of opinion, very few of us ( other than Andy Bright ) have used multiple adapter.

I assume you mean 20-60 Zoom eyepiece?. If so:

I have the LCE adapter for my opticron zoom & it works fine, I only use one screw to hold the adapter to my eyepiece!.
http://www.digiscoping.co.uk/adapters.htm

To be able to attach the adapter you need a converter, I use one from lensmate which gives me a 37mm thread to attach the LCE adapter to.
http://www.lensmateonline.com/A80adapter.htm

HTH

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back