• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

September moths (1 Viewer)

Andrew S

Kentish Mother
Just for the sake of it, really.

Attachments

• Buttoned Snout; Wandsworth; 10.09.04 007.jpg
    Buttoned Snout; Wandsworth; 10.09.04 007.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 167
  • Campion; Wandsworth; 06.09.04 010.jpg
    Campion; Wandsworth; 06.09.04 010.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 172
  • Dark Sword-grass; September; 10.09.04 012.jpg
    Dark Sword-grass; September; 10.09.04 012.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 163
  • Large Ranunculus; Wandsworth; 10.09.04 003.jpg
    Large Ranunculus; Wandsworth; 10.09.04 003.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 168
  • Orange Sallow; Wandsworth; 04.09.04.jpg
    Orange Sallow; Wandsworth; 04.09.04.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 173
Thanks

Andrew S said:
Just for the sake of it, really.

Thanks, Andrew

That's a really nice set of photos - it's always helpful to see good quality pictures, expecially of species you haven't seen yet.

You should do it more often!

best

David

Thanks, David.

I will post some more when I get round to it.

For the moment, here's a bonus pic - Black Rustic, which I find is moth that looks even better in real life, but I was quite pleased with this pic.

Andrew

Attachments

• Black Rustic; September; 10.09.04.jpg
    Black Rustic; September; 10.09.04.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 174
It's interesting that of the six you've posted, I've only had black rustic and dark sword-grass. I estimate that I live about 20 miles from you.
It would be quite interesting to compare our garden lists for 2004 at the end of the year.
Ken

But then of those six moths, the only one I've had more than one of this year is Buttoned Snout (2). Did have one Orange Sallow and one Black Rustic last year. You've posted many moths I've not seen, but then I think your running total is a lot higher. I am on 102 macros for the year so far, plus another 45 micros identified.

Will be interesting to compare lists - and I suspect there will be some interesting differences in the common moths. Suspect the urban garden environment here makes a big difference.

I went through Larger Moths of Surrey and counted 210 macros recorded in Lingfield (the tetrad due E. of mine) that I have yet to record!
Ken

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back