• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

external speakers for mp3 player (1 Viewer)

Where did you buy it from was it reasonably priced. thanks...henry.

Hi Henry,

I bought it from a company called Advanced mp3. Their mail-order sales page for the speaker is here: http://www.advancedmp3players.co.uk..._360_Degree_Portable_Speaker_System.2716.html

The speaker gets fairly good reviews with the major criticism being the lack of an on/off light & a fiddly on/off switch (involves rotating the speaker unit rim -a task that would be troublesome for anyone with arthritis or poor manual dexterity). Currently it's on special offer -presumably to shift the stock as Altec-Lansing are due to bring out a new model shortly which will have a power-on light & a much easier-to-use on/off switch.

I needed mine for next month so bought it now. You can buy now getting the old model at a reduced rate or wait a few weeks & expect to pay £30+ for the new version.

Sound quality is good with 360 degree sound output & reasonable base/good volume. Volume is controlled by the input device & the speaker uses 3x AAA batteries.

I'm impressed & happy with mine.

Cheers,

Steve

On a slightly different tack - I've used my walkman phone loaded with bird song mp3s with great success just using the built-in speaker. Seeing as I'm carrying the phone anyway it saves having to also carry an mp3 plus an external speaker plus batteries! ...just an idea!
Dave C

On a slightly different tack - I've used my walkman phone loaded with bird song mp3s with great success just using the built-in speaker. Seeing as I'm carrying the phone anyway it saves having to also carry an mp3 plus an external speaker plus batteries! ...just an idea!
Dave C

im using my cellphone as a backup to my ipod and also the built in camera quite good for hand held digiscoping too :king:

The Creative Zen mosiac has a built in speaker anyone know if this is loud enough to be any use? Sorry I know I'm going a bit off topic here.

Hi there, I just found this thread and will say that I got that Altec-Lansing Orbit speaker a couple of weeks ago, to use in South Africa with a portable CD player. The sound quality seems to be realy good but the on/off switch is not easy to use.

Recently bought an Altec-Lansing Orbit speaker to go with a mp3 player (Creative Zen) > very impressed with the sound output in both terms of quality & volume. The speaker is small & compact running on 3xAAA.

I've just ordered one of these, also from AdvancedMP3Players.co.uk - the price dropped a further few quid since I first looked at them a couple of weeks back, now under £20.

I've just ordered one of these, also from AdvancedMP3Players.co.uk - the price dropped a further few quid since I first looked at them a couple of weeks back, now under £20.

And it arrived today: currently freaking out my co-workers with Kruper's Nuthatch apparently calling from beneath my desk ... Impressive service, and gadget.

The Creative Zen mosiac has a built in speaker anyone know if this is loud enough to be any use? Sorry I know I'm going a bit off topic here.

Hi Steve.

I got a Creative Zen Mosiac and a X-mini external speaker as a present. The X-mini has a built in battery that lasts about 8 hours. It's superb. The built in speaker on the Mosiac works extreamly well, almost as good as the X-mini speker. I tried the Mosiac without the X-mini locally and in Spain with better than expected results.

Regards.

Joe

Hi - just bumping this up in the hope of any recent updates - just about to buy (yet another) new speaker ahead of a trip.

cheers, alan

Oh well, just ordered a Altec-Lansing Orbit speaker anyway - at £20 I just hope it lasts the trip.

Are there any truly good portable speakers out there? Think trawling for eagle owls and hummers - I'm not asking for much really!!

Look for the IMainGo2 speakers. Very good sound and really portable. Certainly available in North America, and Maybe also in the UK.

Two Jugs

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back