• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

So how is your 2007 list going? (1 Viewer)

Finally reached my milestone; 500 species in a year, with 2 armchair ticks and another couple:

497: North African Chaffinch
498: Moroccan Blue-eared Magpie

(The above 2 i discovered were on the UK 400 Clubs Western Palearctic List!)

499: Falcated Duck (Copmere)
500; Short-eared Owl (Aust Warth)- Had been a bogey this year!

Happy 2008 to all! J

I birded hard today to add what may be the last bird to my 2007 Year List. Now up to 795. I was hoping to make it to 800 for the year, but it won't happen.

795. Great Gray Shrike

This was about the eighth time I looked for this bird over the last month or so, and was glad finally to find it, as it was an Indiana state lifer (number 283).

Dave

So after not posting here for most of the year, I'm around 337. I think. Possibly +2. All within the US. A lot of ticks gained from a trip in April to South Texas. I really haven't had time to bird over the past few months, save a Christmas Bird Count.

I haven't posted in this thread in forever (ever?), but I thought I'd "update" my standings. I've done a lot of birding this year, around the county, state, states, and in Ecuador. Here are some of my totals:

Spokane County: 208 (2nd highest ever -> last year = 226)
Washington State: 281 (last year = 254)
ABA Area: 331 (last year = 282)
World (ABA + Ecuador): 602 (last year = 282)

I birded most heavily in my side of the state this year, with tallies in three other counties in addition to my home county passing 150 for 2007.

It's been a great year and I'm looking forward to seeing what 2008 brings! I might go out and try to get a Saw-whet Owl for my 1st bird of the year just after midnight. I went out last year but a Great Horned Owl called before I got my Saw-whet for #2. ^_^

Cheers!

267. Snow Bunting at Lake Contrary, Saint Joseph, Missouri. That was my last bird recorded for me in 2007, all here in the state of Missouri.

I will be doing a Christmas Bird Count (CBC) on January 1, 2008, over at the Swan Lake National Wildlife Refuge near Chillicothe, Missouri. I hope to begin the year with about fifty (50) species!

A trip to Yorkshire brought Purple Sand, Willow Tit, Desert Wheatear and Tree Sparrow.
Finished the year agonisingly 2 short of my target, which was 200. 198 species seen in England and Wales during 2007.

A trip to Yorkshire brought Purple Sand, Willow Tit, Desert Wheatear and Tree Sparrow.
Finished the year agonisingly 2 short of my target, which was 200. 198 species seen in England and Wales during 2007.

Can you not string something/go outside and hear a Blackbird for your year list? o:) Black Headed Bunting perhaps ;)

I can't cope with a thread which has >150 postings, but I am happy with my 146 species seen in the UK and 167 seen outside the UK this year (my first year).
Alan

I finished off the year in Norfolk and last caught up with the Lesser Snow Goose (Lifer). I have lost count of the times I have tried to find this bird.

275. Lesser Snow Goose

John

finished the year on 186. better than last year, but not as goos as i'd hoped.

last ticks were:

29/12/07

Pontsbury:
184 Red Kite

30/12/07

Newborough:
185 PURPLE SANDPIPER (LIFER)

Corwen:
186. Barn Owl

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back