• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

What Compact Binocular (1 Viewer)

harold9649

I have decided to buy a compact pair of binos i am willing to spend about £100 i already have Nikon Monarchs 8x42 which i like but i want something for my pocket any suggestions please.
Thanks
Harold

I'm tempted to suggest the new Bushnell Custom Elite 7x26. I have a Custom 7x26 from the last days that the Baush & Lomb name was used. I happened to have a Nikon Monarch 8x42 when I did that. Had to upgrade the Monarch because the optics of the 7x26 were better.

I recently bought the Olympus PC I 8x25, which I'm delighted with. The view is so good that I hardly mind the 6° FOV and though their stated closest focus is 2.5m, mine actually focus down to 1.5m, which I find really useful. You can get them for £57 or maybe even less. If you don't like the two-tone style, the all-black Opticron Taiga is the same thing, though more expensive.

Michael

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back