• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

a mystery bird... (1 Viewer)

this bird has always migrated and came to my yard every single year.....but I can never figure out what it is!
it looks kinda like a vero...but it doesnt match the idenification in the book!

its a little bit smaller than a chickadee...its beak is very skinny......it has greenish feathers all over..on the chest there is some yellow..but just a tiny tint of it.......it has a white eye ring on it too....it likes to eat the bugs off branches instead of eating the seeds from the feeder.

does anyone know what this bird might be??

thanks for any help.
BWL

hi Spud, it looks similar.....and it could be! lol..I usually do get a kinglet around this time! but most of the time I notice a red spot on the head....but who knows...maybe this one is female?

thanks for the help!

I've often found the red on the crown a pretty difficult feature to see and if it wasn't for the name might even have forgotten that they have it at times!

Best Wishes

Spud

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back