• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

House Finch Variant? (1 Viewer)

Bird and squirrel lover.
I realize this picture is absolute garbage, but it is all I could grab through a dirty window before it flew off.

Looked just like a male House Finch but its entire side and belly had a blue color to it, you can see in the pic. Is it a variant? Or maybe fell into something blue and wet? I was awe struck about it.

Central Nebraska
Pic taken today

-Drake.

Attachments

• 100_0539.JPG
    100_0539.JPG
    169.3 KB · Views: 174
It appears to be just that: House Finch. I have seen some males with a rather dark gray color on the flanks and belly. Not what I would call blue, but in shadow I suppose it can take on a bluish tone.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back