• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Malware - sorry to post in this forum (1 Viewer)

West End Birder

Hi

Sorry to post this here, but this is a popular forum so will get read, Mods apologies in advance.

Is anyone having the same issue as me? Since yesterday every single page on BF activates my Avast Threat Detector. It is (annoying to say the least) related to this website: www.pool.admedo.com - so I assume is something to do with the adverts on your website.

Malwarebytes does not appear to find it, Avast obviously does, but does not seem to allow me to delete it.

Regards

Rob

I've run Avast, Malwarebytes, SpyBot, AdwCleaner and also the JRT but it is still there although only on the BF page, PPRuNe seems to be okay.

Any ideas? Strangely it does not seem to be an issue with IE only on Chrome, perhaps I should delete Chrome and reinstall it (or will that have no effect?)

Many thanks for your help

Rob

As you can have as many browsers as you like.... why not try one of the others....

Firefox, Pale Moon, Opera... just three good ones off the top of my head.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back