• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bahrain bird Id (1 Viewer)

alanp

Hi.
I am visiting my nephew in Bahrain when I saw this Wheatear sp. at the Hypocolius Roost site in Bahrain but I am not sure which species. I am thinking it could be a White Eared Wheatear, I've seen Isabelline Shrikes there on previous visits but looks as if it may have a darker Ear patch.

The second bird I have no idea about, it is a poor shot. It was flitting about next to a White Eared Bulbul I was watching so thought it might be a juvenile. However, it seems to have a Finch Like bill.

Any help would be appreciated. Regards Alan

Attachments

• P1210598 Bahrain Bird.jpg
    P1210598 Bahrain Bird.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 45
  • P1210206 Bahrain Wheater.jpg
    P1210206 Bahrain Wheater.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 55
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back