• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Garden/Yard List 2016 (3 Viewers)

They're back at last, audible from the garden, 3 males when I went to check their 'summer quarters':

71 Marsh Warbler

An unusual visitor later on, my first spring:

72 Citril Finch

A nice male, wandering from garden to garden before flying off, only the fourth for the garden, all the others were autumn records, between 22 Oct and 11 November.

Last edited:
Big Girl was an early morning visitor this morning. That is what Brenda and I call the huge, female Hairy Woodpecker. She is a pretty regular visitor at our feeders.

Transformation of woodland into excellent wetland continues - recorded my first ever Reed Warbler last autumn, now have a singing bird holding territory. Follows a pattern developing over recent years of wetland colonization - when I arrived it was closed forest with no wetland birds, but Sedge Warblers now common, Water Rail and Moorhen both breeding again this year, two Great White Egrets last Sunday.

104. River Warbler
105. Reed Warbler
106. Marsh Warbler
107. Common Rosefinch

Quite a number of usual summer birds seem absent - as yet, no Icterine Warbler, Thrush Nightingale, Wryneck, etc.

Last edited:
Olive-tree Warbler 31 heard and seen in overgrown garden next-door. Who needs to go all the way to Cape Emine?!

Chris

After 3.5 months away with work I've finally managed to add a few birds this spring despite the slow cold May. A red-legged partridge pair seem to have taken over my patio in my absence!

56 Red-legged Partridge
57 Skylark
58 Woodcock
59 Stonechat
60 Feral Pigeon
61 Redwing
62 Kestrel
63 Razorbill
64 Yellowhammer
65 Buzzard
66 Chiffchaff
67 Stock Dove
68 Whimbrel
69 Redshank
70 Fieldfare
71 Turnstone
72 Common Tern
73 Arctic Tern
74 Whitethroat
75 House Martin
76 Cuckoo
77 Common Sandpiper
78 Swallow
79 Sand Martin
80 Lesser Whitethroat
81 Blackcap
82 Yellow Wagtail
83 Little Tern
84 Ringed Plover
85 Sandwich Tern
86 Willow Warbler
87 Oystercatcher
88 Wheatear
89 Swift
90 Grey Plover
91 Greenshank
92 Hobby
93 Lesser Redpoll
94 Black Tern
95 Garganey
96 Curlew
97 Bar-tailed Godwit
98 Barnacle Goose
99 Manx Shearwater

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back