• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Warranty / Customer Service Experiences Thread (1 Viewer)

After all the issues I've had with B&H Photo and Redstart Birding and Opticron I'd like to praise AMAZON!!! I gave up on everyone else and ordered two pair of binoculars this last week. Both arrived in two days from order and one pair I did not like so I contacted them and I was immediately dispatched at prepaid return slip. I dropped the package off at UPS and within an hour I had an email saying they had accepted the return and had credited my account in full. Very very impressive. Especially after what I've just been through the last couple of weeks.

They must be directly connected to UPS delivery systems. This is why Amazon has taken America by storm. I buy from them at least a couple times a week and I do not remember ever having a problem with a missed delivery and if there is an issue they assume I'm correct, not at fault immediately and send the refund or replacement. That's the service I want and they have my business because of it. I won't waste my time elsewhere anymore unless for some special deal.

Here in the UK, I've had warranty dealings with Nikon for my M7 8x30 bins, fast, free (repair and shipping!): Viking Optics for a repair and a minor part, again good comms and pleasant service: several dealings with Opticron re alignment of some porros (non-warranty) and an alignment/hinge problem that took more than one return to solve, throughout, their service and comms was first class.
I believe that sometimes, even for big and apparently successful companies, things can go a little wrong with their service. In my experience, the way that these companies deal with such issues is what separates a good company from the rest.

I believe that sometimes, even for big and apparently successful companies, things can go a little wrong with their service. In my experience, the way that these companies deal with such issues is what separates a good company from the rest.

Well my experience with Opticron US unfortunately was for them to try and put the problem back on me the customer who was the victim of their lack of care. I guess it's not ok for someone to complain about obviously poor service and a lack of caring on their part. That's my take and I'm sticking to it. I won't buy from them. There are plenty of others as good or better I'd much rather support. I know it doesn't matter a lick to them but it does to me.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back