• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Major issue with East Coast Binocular Repairs - 5 month delay returning binoculars! (1 Viewer)

Have you expressed and confirmed a wish to take up the offer regarding a new pair or hinoculars or are you wanting your old unit returned unrepaired?
As i say they(zeiss) have offered me a new pair which east coast are dealing with , just an update on waiting time would have given me a bit more confidence in this matter either from zeiss or east coast

As i say they(zeiss) have offered me a new pair which east coast are dealing with , just an update on waiting time would have given me a bit more confidence in this matter either from zeiss or east coast

That decision and agreement would have had to be made from Germany, not EECBR.Perhaps that could account for the time taken to respond. Hopefully you'll be able to update us with some satisfactory news soon.

zeiss have agreed the discounted binos, through east coast , all i want is somebody to give me an update on where i am in the process, lets see what happens over xmas

My Harpia 95 is back for repair at Zeiss in Germany going through Gary at East Coast repairs.
I would say that the way he has dealt with it has very good, I have been loaned a Harpia scope until my own one is returned, couldn't ask for more.
I do worry about the reliability of my Harpia scope though, as this is the second repair within 3 years.

I thought we might have had an update from Mr. Macdonald by now and / or johnnybowowen as to any conclusions.

I thought we might have had an update from Mr. Macdonald by now and / or johnnybowowen as to any conclusions.
Yes. Disappointing.

Important when using a public forum to air frustrations/concerns regarding a company or individual to give them the benefit of reporting how things were eventually resolved, or updating if they are still ongoing. Poor form, in my opinion.

In the meantime, Gary continues to be extremely helpful sharing his knowledge and advice whenever I contact him.

What sort of problems have you had with your Harpia?
First problem was the O Ring in the eyepiece which basically disintegrated they send me a new one but I couldn't locate it properly so send it back to be fixed, it's ok now.
Second problem is more serious, the tripod ring fixing screw failed so it has had to go back to Germany for repair. I have been told of someone else with the same issue. Sent it back in December and still waiting but can't complain as they have given me a replacement on loan. I am concerned about this issue though as I certainly don't abuse my scope and wonder if the tripod ring is up to the job.

I have been told of someone else with the same issue. That could be easily construed as hearsay without proof.

I am concerned about this issue though as I certainly don't abuse my scope and wonder if the tripod ring is up to the job. I'm sure it will be rectified back to how it was designed, engineered and tested to perform. Good luck. Well done Zeiss customer service.

I was told by someone I would say is reliable, so wouldn't class it as "hearsay"
Don't get me wrong I love my scope, just didn't expect this to happen, so is unexpected and concerning.
Also I am very happy with the customer service.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back