• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

The Country Bird Collection (2 Viewers)

guffers

Possibly a bit of a pointless thread but does anyone here collect these painted bird models ? I'm sure many of you do. The Nightingale is currently on sale. It's the only chance I'll ever see one so I had to buy it. Why did they stop going on general sale after the seventh issue ? Only now are they selling again in newsagents I think but please correct me if I'm wrong. The website is www.birdcollection.co.uk I think.

Don't worry it's only Cuckoo Jack

Not me, Jack, but the birding mags over here are half about how to carve ultra-realistic birds out of wood. Must be popular amongst the Japanese ornithophiles.

Yes, they are in newsagents again, but only on pre-order I believe, certainly around here. My wife collects them. Some are pretty good, I have the Green Woodpecker by my computer.

I have collected them since the 1st edition,my guess of the reason they stopped selling them and made them by order only is so that they knew what amount to make and how popular they were (I believe its actuallly a series of 60 - but I may be wrong). Mind you most of these series type collectables i.e how to construct a battleship, the videos of whoever, all seen to end up doing this and then go on forever!
At times some of the Birds are not to accurate, but the following in my opinion are very good :- Blue Tit, Nuthatch,Goldfinch,GreenWoodpecker, Great Spotted Woodpecker and Kingfisher. The last two are very good.
If you are looking for any particular ones go onto Ebay, quite a few are up for sale and some work out cheaper than you get them by the pre order method.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back